Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tiger

My house is completely clean, I've had dinner, the girls are fed and now I've got nothing to do. Okay, not quite true. I've got several closets that need to be cleaned out and the taxes still need to be done. Tonight I want a job. A real job.

I've pretty much just been waiting to be dependable before I try to go back to work. I also that know that even though right now I'm feeling a bit like a caged tiger, in a few minutes I'll be ready for a nap and really regretting telling Karl that I would make chili for dinner tonight. Nights like this are exactly why I started writing, so as I should, I am returning to you Dear Blog.

I've been sick the past week and honestly, this has been the best cold ever! I am the healthiest that I have been in 3 years. This cold has been icky, inconvenient and exhausting but it has also been a breeze. I am very thankful that I seem to be over it now. I wasn't sure my nose was going to make it and I was about to have to make an emergency trip to Costco for more kleenex.

Today the cleaning woman came here for the first time (love her!) and Mom and I went shopping at that store. I have a love/hate relationship with Whole Foods. There isn't one close by, so going there is an automatic half hour drive. Oh but the food! It's a bit tricky buying the right thing. Just because they made it does not mean that it does not contain a half cup of cream and butter per serving. Just means that it's extra yummy cream and butter. Temptation is everywhere. I swear I think they may have the best smelling ribs ever. No idea how they taste, I've been able to stay strong. For now. With "organic" printed on so many items, stepping through their doors is a bit like stepping into Disneyland. Admission is definitely just as expensive.

The Biggest Loser just came on so it's time for me to close this out. I've got some lemon sherbet and Girl Scout cookies to work off. Okay, and a cheese hatch chile quesadilla. Or two. Oh well. I also really enjoy the confused look that Jane gives me when I do my leg lifts.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Especially loved the part about "the best cold ever! That is so you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRRRRR Baby, GRRRRRR. You go on with your fierce self!

    ReplyDelete