Thursday, April 29, 2010

G-Rated

I don't know what to do. There is something going on between Karl and I, and I'm not sure that we can fix this.

We've been married over 13 years. I know things change in marriages... but not this. I thought we would never lose our enthusiasm for this. I guess we can still enjoy other things together. It's just so frustrating! This should be an easy thing for us, but now we have to make ourselves want it. Maybe we're just out of sync. He has been working more. I guess I've been a little bit wrapped up in worrying over family. We seem to have different desires, and we're not connecting. Whenever I want it, he doesn't, and when he wants it I don't. I want to believe that this will sort itself out over time, but what if it just gets worse? Oh well, I've gone this far. I might as well tell you.

Karl and I, we're um, we're not dessert people. I know! How can we not be?! I love to eat and Karl's not a lightweight, either. But the proof is in the refrigerator.

3 days ago I made the yummiest chocolate coconut pie. My mom calls it my "Reformed Sinner Pie" because I exchanged out so many of the "bad" ingredients and it's still an award winning pie. The first time I made this pie, it was a "10". This second one was an "8". There is no reason to ignore a pie that is an "8". Not even a quarter of the pie has been eaten. I don't know what to do. I know Karl loves this pie. It just never seems to be the right time to have a slice. I fear I will have to give it away.

This pie has not been the first sign of something wrong, although it has been a blaring bullhorn with a flashing strobe light. My worrying started when I threw out a container of bonbons from my freezer that were over 2 years old. Mocha bonbons. Ugh. Then there's the Almond Joy in my pantry from Halloween. I picked it out for myself because it's possibly my favorite gas station candy treat. And then there's the cookies. I'm too ashamed to say how many boxes of Girl Scout cookies are in my freezer. I refuse to get rid of them. I hold out hope for a cookie binge.

I finally decided to stop buying sweets from outside of the home. At least until we have finished off what we already have. It surprises me that I may also have to put a ban on my own cooking now.

Oh no. Does this mean I'll have to change the name of my blog? That's it!! Enough is enough!! Today I will have dessert!!! Just not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment