Friday, April 9, 2010

E-mail to an Etsy Artist

hi!
you do have my correct address and you are also right about this being my first purchase on etsy. i found your art while doing a search on etsy for a recipe box. i became disabled a couple of years ago, but i am finally having a good year for health (i love 2010!). since i'm all bright eyed and bushy tailed i've been cooking again. and i have been really good at it. i often forget how i made something, or even that i made it. i tried to keep recipes on my computer (didn't work), tried a notebook (didn't work), really really wanted a recipe box.

once i decided that i was going to buy a box, i knew that i wanted to buy one from etsy. i have been looking at your recipe box for a very long time now. i have also looked at hundreds of others trying to find anything that i like as well. your box is so lovely, and nothing else compared. so i didn't buy anything.

tonight i finally decided that i was going to buy one. another great night of food, and another batch of recipes that may be forgotten. i had picked out 2 others that were the best i could find in my price range. asked my husband to help me decide which seemed to be the best for me. we've been together 14 years and i really value his input on things that i am not enjoying making a decision about. one was totally out (he was right, i picked it because it reminded me of something my aunt would love) and that left the other one. neither one of us were really excited. but i was resigned to buying it.

he asked me if there were any others that i liked. i told him about yours, but that it really was art and not quite in my budget. then my husband asked me what i would buy if money didn't matter. i showed him yours. he immediately agreed that it was perfect for me. he also pointed out that this would be the one that i would always have and always love. i think he was right about that, too.

to complete my tale of chilvalry, his birthday is on sunday. he has asked for nothing but for me to be happy. on his birthday he wants us to go to an art fair in a city close by. balance needs to be restored. maybe he'll spend the night snoring really loud.

thank you so much for your offer to engrave the box. if it is possible, if this is not too long, i would love to have engraved:

Every day in Every way I Am getting Better and Better

if that is too much, then this would be my second choice:

Happy Birthday Sweet Man!

would the engraving go on the inside of the box? i would really hate to chance hurting the outside of it.

thank you for creating this box. it is beautiful and i have loved looking at it. i would actually hold my breathe just a little until i had seen that it was still there. i am very happy that it will soon be in my kitchen.

if you have any stories of making the box, i would love to hear them.

i just re-read this message and realized that i am going to have to post it in my blog. i haven't written anything in way too long and i obviously needed to. this message is definitely long enough to call a blog. if you would like to see it posted, the link is
www.thislifecomeswithcake.blogspot.com

thanks again,
honey
hi!

1 comment:

  1. That was so cool! I cannot wait to see it...that Karl is a gem. But than again...something about flocking together...

    ReplyDelete