Monday, January 31, 2011

TV Made Me Do It

There is nothing like having pizza for dinner and then remembering just as you crawl off to bed that you did not take your evening pills. Skipping them means you'll be out of breathe halfway through brushing your teeth and then you'll curse having such a high bed. Taking them means you'll be up every 2 hours of the night. Outside I can hear the storm moving in, the cold wind is blowing. I think I have to vote for skip the pills. Not interesting in checking on just how cold the toilet seat can get tonight.

The Superbowl starts this weekend, so you know what that means. Tons of commercials for Velveeta and pizza, both of which I now have wicked daily cravings for. In an effort to keep from having to buy new pants, I've gone for a cross between abstinence and adjustment.

The Velveeta that I bought is in the smallest package available and is made from 2% milk. Never mind that I am about to finish the last of my second package in a month. I have been trying to stick to vegetarian pizza, performing a kind of surgery on the slices to remove as much extraneous bread as possible and also only eating the pizza that I really really want. My favorite pizza is a solid half hour out of my way to anywhere, so that helps.

Tonight we tried a local place that I have read some really good reviews for. One person from Chicago gave the deep dish 4 stars. The pizza we got was awful. The only thing I can figure is that the reviewer ate only at Domino's and Cici's. I take that back, Cici's is better than what we had tonight. I think tonight's pizza has saved me from any cheese addiction that winter and the Superbowl have brought on.

I may be skipping the evening pills, but I am most definitely taking a tummy pill. I really hope that my diet tomorrow puts rabbits to shame. I also really hope I don't have that dream about a giant deep dish pizza and his mushroom sidekick are trying to eat me. Not that I have had that dream, I'm just saying if it's going to happen, then I think tonight is the night.

1 comment: