Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day Jitters

And now I have stage fright.

I guess I really shouldn't though. This is my blog & I very much doubt that anyone will ever come across it, so the stage is mine to do with as I please.

Today was...hmm.

I woke up at 4 a.m. with a mad need to pee. Which is strangely a good thing, but inconvenient at 4 a.m. And I would love to know why a house that just celebrated its 3rd birthday would have been built without a vent in the bathroom. Winter in Texas is why heated toilet seats exist at all. We have no idea how to keep our bums warm for the one month that is winter.

I try to rush back to bed, but I also have to figure out where Jane is sleeping by her snoring. Tripping over an 85 lb dog can get you into bed faster than you wanted.

I am all cozied up again when the symphony begins. It starts slowly with the low baying of a neighbor dog. The music escalates as the yappers join in. There is a pause, and my husband does his solo snoring part. He finishes & the howling begins again. Two hours later they finally all call it a night and I am able to drift off peacefully to some vivid nightmares.

But tonight I got to have cake & tomorrow is looking pretty great. Oh yes, there will be cake for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Honey Cake! Do you remember me? It's me, Donna! Yes, me of the picnics on the floor of an office at EDS after all the white shirts and ties were gone! It's me of the amazing adventure to Paris, playing at the Eiffel Tower on your birthday -- 13th I believe. "Ohhhhhhh, she's a teenager!" Me, who couldn't really keep up at the family card games, but could eat my weight in cheesey yummy popcorn (don't do THAT much anymore...). Your Mom sent me an email and I only briefly spoke to her on Sunday! I hope you may decide to visit us (Paul, I, Amber of 4 paws, and 100 canaries) in LA. And, that your Mom and Dick and your hubby will come as well. There has just simply been too much time gone by, Dear Heart! I love your picture here -- I feel I'm not far at all for all our lovely, warm homey weekends spent in Richardson. Let's talk!
    All blessings and light,
    Donna / Guru Bachan Kaur
    PS: Your writing is quite delightful and open. I feel as though I'm reading an essay published in a magazine. This is a WONDERFUL format for you, and I think you have that talent of bringing readers into your charming, lovely world. Thank you for your voice, Honey. Oh, let's have cake together!!!

    ReplyDelete